This article focuses on how you can continue with your studies on the internet during a tough economic period.
Advance in technology has brought a significant impact to the modern society. The use of the internet and Computers have made learning easy and accessible. During crises, students continue with their studies at home. This saves them a lot of time and money. Below are different types of online learning.
Types of Online Learning
Blended Courses – learning activities mostly take place online. Students and lectures meet during discussions and laboratory activities.
Synchronous Courses – students need an Instructor to guide them through their programs. They use audio charts and videos.
Providing Continuity – students are made aware of changes in assignments, procedures, and what they are expected on their courses.
Asynchronous Online Course – students are provided with assignments and content. They are given a deadline to work on their programs and take Exams. It takes place through blogs and discussion boards.
Selecting Tools – Instructional tools are provided which aids learners with assignments.
Assessing Students – Email attachments are sent to Learners with tests and questions for assignments. Feedback is offered to help students understand their weak points.
Distributing Materials – updated materials are sent through email links. Students are informed on assignments, due dates, changes in their courses.
Curating Content – relevant information is collected on a subject and organized for learners. It is edited and posted to them. It saves them a lot of time.
Creating Content – Lectures create learning audios and videos for learners.
Fostering Collaboration – This is done through email.
Benefits of Online Learning
Learning through the Internet helps you to advance. Students with tight schedules get a chance for education. Listed below are the merits of learning online.
- It enhances critical thinking. You acquire good listening skills which produce high grades
- Self-motivation. It encourages hard work
- It improves virtual communication. Learners can interact in some cases and share relevant ideas
- You get the ability to connect with people Globally through e-learning
- Time management. Students plan when they will take for their studies
- You acquire new techniques. Internet learning provides improved methods of learning
- Flexibility. Learning from home gives you the comfort you need. You can do other chores while learning
- Cost-effective. Learning is affordable. You do not have to attend a classroom. This saves you money on bus fare
- It is easy to monitor. There are recorded audios and videos.
Disadvantages of E-learning
Challenges are a part of life. Distance learning has its demerits Here are disadvantages of online learning
- Lack of interpersonal skills. This hinders effective communication
- It may be harmful to students when it is poor
- It creates a sense of isolation. You spend a lot of time alone with your computer
- It requires good time management. You have to be punctual with your classes
- It requires more time compared with going for classes on Campus.
As I conclude, Pandemics are things you do not plan for. Learning online gives you a chance to continue with your program during crises. This is the best way I would recommend to you during tough economic times.
Online learning :- https://www.pnclearning.com/2019/07/18/how-to-get-caib-designation/